Your Mouth Can Hide A Secret...
That's Why We Use The VELscope Vx.
VELscope Vx - for a Clean Bill of Health
Why Use the VELscope Vx?
Have Questions Concerning Your Oral Health?
Please Reach Out To Our Friendly Staff, We Are Here For You!
Oral Cancer and Oral Disease
The VELscope Vx helps us identify oral disease early, while it's still easy to treat.
One of the VELscope's most important tasks is to help locate areas that might, if not treated, progress to oral cancer.
- Found early, oral cancer's 5-year survival rate is good: approx. 83%.
- Found late, oral cancers's 5-year survival rate is poor: approx. 32%.
- Clearly, finding oral cancer in it's early stages is key to survival.
The VELscope Vx offers hope for the early discovery of oral disease, including precancer and cancer.
Tobacco and chewing tobacco, along with alcohol, are the leading causes of oral cancer. Over the last four decades, the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV), known for its role in cervical cancer, has been showing up in increasing numbers of oral cancer cases.
VELscope Vx: The Two-Minute Exam
That Could Save Your Life
How many little sores do we find in our mouths? Dozens? Hundreds? More? Most of the time we ignore them, and they simply go away.
But sometimes our mouths keep secrets. That's why we use the VELscope Vx Enhanced Oral Assessment system.
The VELscope Vx Helps Us:
- Improve our assessment of your overall oral health.
- Ensure that the delicate tissues of your mouth are healthy.
- Protect you from oral disease, including oral cancer.
All this in two minutes, with no rinses, stains or discomfort.